- We love small groups. Thus, we not only reduce our environment impact, has also our tours become more engaging and enriching experiences.
- Under the partnership with the Sintra and Cascais City Hall and the “Moon Mountain” company, the Walk Hike Portugal participates in several cleaning, maintenance and reforestation programs of the Sintra sierra natural park, thus contributing to its preservation and its biodiversity.
- The integration and participation of the tourist with indigenous communities is a priority for us, so we strive to establish local partnerships, thus contributing to the culture and customs preservation of the communities integrated in the Natural Park Sintra / Cascais.
- Being in the field also enables us to alert the authorities to serious situations that require rapid intervention. The warning that we made to the Cascais City Hall about the “Espigão das Ruivas“ beach calamitous situation, is an example. As a result of our alert, the rapid and effective response of the Cascais City Hall allowed to withdraw nearly two tons of garbage from this small and wild beach.
- We strive to have a close relationship with the several entities responsible for the management of the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park, not only to be more informed as also we can give in this way our contribution in the development of more sustainable policies that benefit all.